5 Meal Delivery Service Options for Date Night with Your Boyfriend
Are you doing some cooking for your boyfriend and don’t want to fight the crowds at the supermarket? Meal kit delivery services might be what’s in order for you to enjoy a quiet date night. In the last several years, meal delivery services have made it easier for busy couples to have fresh, home-prepared foods as a part of their lives.
You’ll quickly find meal choices that are perfect for you to enjoy together as a couple or prepare a special treat for your boyfriend. All the delivery services provide proper portion sizes for meals, so you’re good to go. Here are five services that are perfect for dinner dates:
One of the ideal things about Sun Basket is its mixture of organic meals meeting all needs. Regardless of whether you’re looking for classic meals or unique options that include gluten-free, vegetarian, or paleo, you’re sure to find something perfect for cooking for your boyfriend. Whatever you pick will be healthy, and you can have confidence that the ingredients are good for the planet, too.
All classic meals have a price of under $12 a serving, and the family meals under $10 a serving, so you won’t break the bank. All of the meats come from grass-fed animals that are not given antibiotics. The quality of the meat, as well as the vegetable and grain products, ensure your satisfaction with every meal.
Some of the foods that are perfect for enjoying on date night include:
- The Paleo-friendly salmon and braised fennel featuring charred orange and Green Goddess dressing
- The carb-conscious Thai turkey lettuce cups
- Gluten-free steak and sweet potato frites with mushrooms and kale
- The clean & lean chipotle turkey chili featuring cucumber-sumac salad
- Diabetic-friendly turkey burgers wrapped in lettuce with lentil salad and Green Goddess dressing
- The Chef’s Choice roasted salmon with date apple salad and pearl couscous
- Vegetarian-friendly pappardelle with hazelnuts and spinach
- Pescatarian-friendly salmon with green tahini
- Mediterranean-friendly orzu bowls featuring pistou, sun-dried tomatoes, and broccoli
New users might enjoy savings like $35 off their first order and possibly earn free gifts. All of the ingredients used in your meals kits are pre-measured for maximum convenience. You’ll only need to add a few extra ingredients such as salt and pepper to have your meal ready in about 30 minutes.
Although Sun Basket is expanding into new areas, there are a few regions that the company does not ship to, including:
- Parts of Montana, New Mexico, and North Dakota
If you’re looking to serve tasty meals for your date nights, HelloFresh is the perfect solution. As a European service, you can expect HelloFresh to offer a culinary experience unlike anything else you have ever tried. Each meal is a special treat in and of itself, and you’ll have what you need to prepare each meal with the care it deserves.
The average serving cost is under $10, making sure you can easily afford dinner dates without straining your food budget. The meal kit recipes accommodate different tastes, from popular classics to vegetarian dishes. If one or both of you have special food needs, you’ll be able to accommodate these needs comfortably because of the available selection.
Some of the delicious meals you’ll be able to enjoy include:
- Balsamic fig chicken featuring mixed greens and roasted potatoes
- Frijoles Fresca bowls with Pepper Jack cheese and scallion rice
- Pork carnitas tacos featuring Monterey Jack cheese and pickled onion
- Gnocchi featuring spinach with grape tomatoes and garlic butter breadcrumbs
- Mexican chicken and rice bowls featuring salsa fresca and lime sour cream
- Harissa sweet potato pockets featuring cucumber dill salad
You may easily omit ingredients that you choose not to use, making it easier to accommodate any special dietary needs that either of you might have. The meal preparation is easy because of all the ingredients arriving in individual, properly portioned containers. When you need to put your deliveries on hold, or if you need to cancel for any reason, this process is easy. Signing up lets you take advantage of free shipping and other discounts that are ideal incentives.
If you and your boyfriend enjoy meals made from organic and sustainable ingredients, Green Chef is an ideal meal kit delivery service to consider. Meal kits from Green Chef are also easy to prepare in 30 minutes, giving you plenty of time to enjoy a movie or other activities. With all of the ingredients featuring individual packaging, there is minimal cleanup involved after you eat.
This service offers something for everyone, from paleo enthusiasts to vegetarians, with several options that easily accommodate diverse tastes. The average cost per meal ranges from $10 to $15, which should suit most budgets easily. There’s something for every taste, and you might be able to help your main squeeze find new favorites.
Some of the delicious options you and your boyfriend can try include:
- Shrimp scampi featuring spaghetti squash noodles, Parmesan, basil peso, and hazelnuts
- Chicken with mushroom and caper sauce, featuring kale and radish salad with toasted sunflower seeds
- Maple-glazed chicken featuring mashed potatoes and pear slaw with walnuts, cabbage and Blue Cheese dressing
- Japanese vegetable fritters featuring ginger-sriracha aioli, rice with edamame, broccoli, and cashews
Delivery costs $9 per shipment. One of the best things about this option is its accessibility in most of the U.S. The only exceptions are Alaska and Hawaii, as well as a few Louisiana locations. If you live in one of the areas where Green Chef does not provide service, you’ll receive notification before signing up.
You’ll enjoy some flexibility in when your meals are delivered. If one delivery date and time doesn’t work, you can pick an alternative date easily. You can also get discounts on your first shipment if you use the coupons available on the website.
Home Chef offers one of the most customized ranges of meals that you and your boyfriend will enjoy. Regardless of whether you enjoy customizing meals to your tastes or prefer to stick to the original recipe, you’ll find plenty of great choices to enjoy on your date nights. Meal choices can include preparation times as short as five minutes, and the ones with the longest preparation time take 30 minutes.
Some of the meal choices perfect for a couple to enjoy include:
- Sirloin and mushroom demi-glace including spinach gratin and goat cheese
- Thai pork rice bowl with carrots and bok choy that you can customize
- Ginger steak with peppers and roasted peanuts easily prepared by stovetop
- Grilled sweet and sour chicken featuring roasted sesame green beans
- Crispy onion chicken featuring creamy mushroom sauce and green beans
- Chicken and Hatch Chile Ranch with pepita butternut squash
- Chicken and avocado tomato salsa featuring creamy corn risotto
- Mexicali cheesy penne including poblano and corn
One of the most useful things about this service is that you can customize your delivery dates according to your schedule. Each meal has an average cost starting around $6.99, a perfect price for dinner preparation for dates. Orders priced under $40 have a $10 shipping fee, and orders over $40 have free shipping.
EveryPlate is one of the best options available for cooking for a boyfriend. Average prices of $4.99 per serving and discounts starting at $5 off your first order will be enough to spark your interest. Because the kits contain all the ingredients you’ll need, no trips to a busy supermarket are necessary. There are only six steps required, so you don’t have to worry about spending a long time preparing a meal for the both of you.
Some of the date night-perfect meal options include:
- Creamy Dijon chicken featuring herbed potatoes and sauteed zucchini
- Hotel butter steak with green bean amadine and crispy potato rounds
- Apricot dijon chicken legs with lemon garlic couscous and roasted carrots
- Loaded baked potato chowder featuring bacon, jalapeno, and cheddar
One of the advantages that you’ll find with this delivery service is flexibility with how many meals you’ll get per week. Regardless of whether you cook for your boyfriend daily or a few times a week, your needs are covered with all of these options. Even if you only use these meal kits occasionally, you’ll find them worth the time.
Another advantage of EveryPlate is its availability in most of the United States, with customers having easy options to determine if they can have food delivered to their location. Knowing that delivery is possible for this area before ordering will help give you the time you need to prepare that special meal for your boyfriend.
Article written by Mealfan team.